January 29, 2011 Leave a comment
Hi Bert, this is the Amazon Recommendation Selection Engine or A.R.S.E. Today we would like to recommend :
- Things you have already bought from us because you can never be too careful or have too much stuff.
- Things that are almost identical to things you have already bought from us because, God knows, once you bought a second one of the thing you already bought a third slightly different one will be hard to resist.
- Things you have already bought as gifts for other people and that were obviously gifts because they were completely outside of your known buying patterns.
- Things that are almost identical to things you already bought as gifts for other people just in case they need two of everything too.
- Things that you looked at accidentally or only because someone sent you a link entitled “LOL! Look at this ridiculous, furry, raccoon-head ski helmet“.
- Things that are similar to ridiculous, furry, raccoon-head ski helmets but probably a lot less LOL.
- 1 item that is completely inexplicable.
Basically I think that the A.R.S.E is an algorithm modelled on the Junk Lady from the film Labyrinth.